Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Untitled by lisas.lil.lam at Garmin Connect - Details

Untitled by lisas.lil.lam at Garmin Connect - Details

So today I decided to keep both my monkeys with me. I dragged them behind me on the bike trailer. We started at a park I found last year just off the SART trail just 4.7 miles from PCH. Getting started from a stopped point was ultimately the hardest thing I've done in quite a while. Apparently, my 4 y/o has definitely put on some weight since I last tried to haul him around. I hauled over 100 pounds (this includes the 2 boys, their gear/food, an iPad, and the trailer itself). We ended up only riding 11 miles round trip, but they were very painful! I ended up burning 433 calories in that amount of time, but my legs are very wobbly.

Not sure if I can do that ride again. I'm thinking that next time, I will start much closer (there won't be any hills to climb, or fall down) and then we can go further along the beach and maybe take some time to play in the sand again.

Until next time...

No comments: