Tuesday, August 16, 2011

08/16/11 Bike ride YRP-HC

So today was the day I decided I HAD to get back on my bike. I'm glad I did! I was (just barely) able to cycle 16.75 miles in 1hour and 6 minutes. I ended up burning 502 calories, which is better than nothing at all.
Yesterday my (now) 5 yr old started Kindergarten and he only goes until 11:55am, not very late all and my 9 yr old started 4th grade. My daughter started 7th grade last week. My 3.5 yr old gets to attend a preschool/daycare when I need it. Needless to say, this school year will be busy. Oh, did I mention that the older 3 have Tae Kwon Do 3 days/week? So, with the tight schedule I thought I would give my cycling a go and see how far I could get in the limited time alotted. I did it! As I neared my turn around point though, I made a sharp turn and caught the dirt edge... Almost took myself "out" while still attached to the bike, no good. Luckily, I was able to recover without hitting the ground. Whew! Getting back to my car was harder than I thought it would be, I was just as exhausted as if I had cycled 46 miles (to and from the beach). I was so glad to make it back to my car, unscathed.
Needless to say, I am truly tired and am looking forward to bedtime tonight. I am exhausted, but in a good way.
Oh. I should add. Yesterday I tried out the "Gold's Gym Cardio Workout" for Wii. It's a boxing game. I thought it was a bit slow, but let me tell you, after all the different routines I ended up doing, I "threw" 1,030 punches and my upper body is HELLA sore. OUCH!!!!!!!! (Lifting my bike in & out of my car was torture.)
Until next time. Take care and be healthy.

No comments: