Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beach Ride on 03/10/11

Untitled by lisas.lil.lam at Garmin Connect - Details

This week has been gorgeous! I decided to go on a bike ride at the beach today and soak up some vitamin D. Today was supposed to be around 69 degrees for a high in the Huntington Beach area. Well, it ended up being a little warmer than that after all. I rode a total 26.39 miles round trip. The headwind felt strong as soon as I got onto the SART. It was so strong that even though I wasn't going that fast, my heart was beating in the 180's 90% of the time. That was rough. Thanks to the bodyrock.tv workout routines I do from Zuzana, my thighs were burning before I could even complete the 1st mile, OUCH! I really really wanted to turn back and say "hell no, I'm not cycling today", but, I decided that I needed to get off my rear and move it. Now that I've finished my ride, I can say I'm glad I did. I would have been so mad at myself if I didn't follow through. After I brought my monkeys home and unloaded my bike, I even played catch with my youngest 2. They had a blast.

I will post my workout results from yesterday, Wednesday next. I forgot to post them here on my blog. Later, need to put my monkeys to bed right now.

No comments: