Thursday, July 14, 2011

07/14/11 Bike ride w/kids

Untitled by lisas.lil.lam at Garmin Connect - Details

My kids are on Summer break. This means they are home, also no time for true exercising and more time to hang at home and MUNCH. ARG! I've packed on some pounds, no bueno!

Today, after my daughter's ortho appointment we drove out to the beach after dropping off my monkeys at the daycare. We rode fom my usual spot out to HB just past the dog beach and then returned to the car. We totaled 13.3 miles. Yay! Afterwards, I bought the kids some Carl's Jr chicken wraps because they were hungry.

On this past Tuesday, I also made the older cycle with me and we rode out to Balboa past the Ruby's Diner on the pier, just to where the sidewalk ends. The kids had a chance to go run in the sand while I answered a phone call. We ended up riding 12.35 miles on that day. I'm very proud of them. I know it's tough to get out there and move that much when all you want to do is be sedentary. But they did it with little to no complaining.

Our goal is to cycle 10+ miles/day at least twice a week, maybe even 3xs/week. I want healthy, fit kids. I don't want unhealthy statistics living under my roof. It may sound harsh, but honestly, think about it. Most of the young kids you see today have guts resembling that of a 6-month pregnant woman, but theirs jiggles and shouldn't be on a 6-10 year old child. Get out there and move. Do it for their health if not yours.

No comments: